When Is the Best Time to Buy a Mattress on President’s Day?
As the first major shopping holiday of the year, President’s Day always has great deals in store on high-price items. While we usually see discounts on toys, beauty, fashion, and other lower-priced products around Black Friday, President’s Day is one of the best times of year to buy furniture, appliances, and, of course, mattresses.
Since we usually see higher-priced items on sale for President’s Day, it always makes up a bit of a different shopping landscape than many other holidays. Deals are debuting earlier and earlier, with many starting at the beginning of the month. It’s a great time to take stock of major items you may need to replace in the next year and get these products while they’re majorly on sale instead of paying tons later. And if a mattress is on your list, then you’re in luck.
Mattress companies are already rolling out discounts, and we’d advise not to wait to click “buy now” on these. Unlike Black Friday, you’re unlikely to see prices fluctuate, meaning that once the discount is unveiled, that’s probably the lowest price you’re going to see this month, if not this year. We’ve rounded up the best deals we’ve found so far below, and we’ll be updating this story throughout the month as we hear more. Scroll on to get our top tips for navigating the mattress market right now, as well.
The Best President’s Day Mattress Deals of 2023
- Amazon has tons of great mattress deals, though they’re a bit more secretive about promoting them. The most notable is Tuft & Needle’s sale, which includes up to 25% off best-selling mattresses.
- Serta is offering up to $1,000 off select mattress sets, including their Arctic and iComfort series. They also have $200 off any Perfect Sleeper mattress of $999 or more and 10% off any Perfect Sleeper and EZ Tote Mattress-in-a-Box. The sale runs through February 27th.
- Shoppers can save up to $900 on Beautyrest Black and Black Hybrid mattress sets as well as the Harmony Lux and Harmony Lux Hybrid series now through February 27th.
- In addition to their Amazon sale, Tuft & Needle is running a President’s Day sale of their own now through February 20th. They have up to $650 off select mattresses, including up to 20% off the Mint mattress and up to $475 the Original. Bedding, furniture, and dog beds are all also on sale.
- Mattress Firm has one of the longest running President’s Day sales we’ve seen, with deals currently up and running until March 7. Shoppers can get a King sized bed for the price of a Queen, and a Queen for the price of a twin. The sale includes top brands like Serta and Beautyrest. Save up to $700 on select best-selling brands and get a free adjustable base up to a value of $499 with select purchases.
- Sleep Number is offering up to 50% off their 360® iLE Limited Edition Smart Bed with 0% interest for 24 months. They also discounted their C2 mattresses by $100 and have BOGO 50% off on all pillows.
- Tempur-Pedic currently has up to $500 off select adjustable mattress sets with a $300 gift upon purchase. They’re also offering 0% APR for 36 months with select mattress purchases.
- Saatva’s President’s Day Early Bird sale is going on now and shoppers can get up to $600 off best-selling mattresses and up to $100 off bases. The Early Bird sale will end on February 9th.
- Purple has up to $900 off select mattress sets, including their Purple Hybrid Mattress for $900 with a free adjustable base.
- Big Fig is giving shoppers $400 off a mattress with code PRES through February 7th. The brand is known for their mattresses specifically designed for the plus-sized community, with a max weight of 550 lbs per sleeper.
- In addition to their usual furniture deals, Overstock has mattresses for as low as $149 during their President’s Day clearance. Shoppers can take an extra 15% off select mattresses through February 23rd.
- Sam’s Club has partnered with Zinus and is offering a Zinus Memory Foam Mattress for up to $150 off. They’ll also have discounted product bundles for up to $200 off, including the Zinus SmartBase® and Night Therapy box spring.
- Nolah has already launched their Early Bird President’s Day Sale with 30% off all mattresses and a free gift while supplies last.
- Nectar currently has 33% off everything as part of their Early Access sale going through February 7th. Most mattresses ship within 1-3 days, so if you’re looking for a quick-buy, then this is for you.
- Emma is running a Valentine’s Day sale through February 9th with up to 50% off sitewide. The brand always offers free shipping, a 365 night trial, and a stellar 10 year warranty.
- Helix currently has 20% off with code PDS20, as well as two free Dream Pillows with all mattress orders.
- Bear is offering 35% off sitewide as well as free pillows, sheet set, and mattress protector with purchase of a mattress.
- Layla is giving shoppers up to $200 off their mattress through February 20th. To top it all off, they also have discounts on their blankets, bases, and more.
How to Get the Best Deal on a Mattress This President’s Day
Two words: shop early. Some early bird deals have already come and gone, but there are still quite a few going on, and that’s your chance to get the best deal available. Why? Shoppers are aware that President’s Day is a big time to find deeply discounted pricing on mattresses, but most don’t think to shop early and brands take advantage of that. While most prices remain the same throughout the month, plenty of companies run early bird or early access sales for the prepared shoppers. Even if brands don’t run early bird deals, there’s usually a chance of best-selling mattresses going out of stock, so we’d suggest buying as soon as possible.
How to Find the Perfect Mattress
The best way to find a great mattress is to do the testing yourself. Mattress comfort levels are a personal preference, so we’d recommend spending an afternoon driving to different stores to test mattresses and combine that research with online reviews about how hot or cold a mattress runs and how durable it is. We don’t recommend buying in-store, though! Many brands offer different sales online vs. in-store, so you’ll want to research that at home before pulling out your card. Most companies offer their best deals online.
The Mattresses We’re Eyeing This President’s Day