Location: Head Office in Chipping Norton, NSW
Work Type: Internship/ Work Experience (non-paid) – Immediate start
Forcast is a contemporary Australia owned women’s fashion label. With over 30 boutiques Australia wide, a prospering online following and growing international presence, Forcast offers the ultimate shopping destination for the modern woman. Check us out at www.forcast.com.au.
We are looking for a highly proactive and creative Social Media Intern to join our Digital/Ecommerce Team located in our Head Office, in Chipping Norton NSW. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge in the fashion industry and day-to-day operations of the digital/e-commerce department.
The following is a list of the required intern duties however, there are opportunities for you to contribute more to the team depending on your performance, efficiency and ability to manage these existing duties. These opportunities include: ideating and creating content across the brand’s social media channels and assisting the team in e-commerce and campaign photoshoots and much more!
- Assisting in content creation for social media channels & getting involved with our social media marketing approaches (includes Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Tiktok & LinkedIn)
- Assisting in brainstorming new ways to optimise the website and it’s functions
- Assisting in developing and executing the social media calendar plan
- Preparing for and assisting in ghost photography, e-commerce and content photoshoots
- Writing product descriptions & assisting in any areas requiring copywriting
- Provide adhoc administrative support to the team, particularly the Digital Marketing Coordinator
A successful candidate with have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous work experience or proven success on your own social media channels
- Keen interest in working within an e-commerce environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop & Illustrator
- Team player with an enthusiastic and supportive attitude
- Self-driven, organised individual who isn’t afraid to ask questions and adapt to a fast-paced learning environment
- A cohesive understanding of the brand, what we do and who our audience
Other highly regarded skills and attributes:
- Background in marketing, advertising, media or other related field preferred
- Strong passion for social media and keeping up to date with latest social trends
- Copywriting skills
- HTML & CSS skills
- Familiarity in Adobe Creative Suite including Lightroom, Bridge, After-effects, Premier Pro
- A general understanding of DSLR photography & studio photoshoots
- We’re a great team to work with & love a bit of office humour
- Attend brainstorming sessions and gain hands-on experience through the marketing process
- Occasional team lunches & celebrations
- You’ll be exposed to all the different roles involved in operating an e-commerce platform, ideal for a university student working out what direction they want their career to head in
- A great 3-month work experience to go on your resume, along with a letter of recommendation or listed referee (whichever is preferred)
Must be available, 1-2 days per week, for a minimum of 3 months with an immediate start. This position is unpaid. Performance, productivity, efficiency and contribution to the team will be highly regarded if a permanent position becomes available. If you think you meet the above requirements, please send your resume and portfolio to Alicia, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title ‘Social Media Intern’.