NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — According to Technavio, the global e-commerce market size is estimated to grow by USD 12,951.56 bn from 2022 to 2027. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 27.15% during the forecast period. APAC held the largest share of the global market in 2022, and the market in the region is estimated to witness an incremental growth of 48%. For more Insights on market size , Request a sample report
Technavio has announced its latest market research report titled Global E-Commerce Market 2023-2027
E-commerce market – Five Forces
The global cloud data warehouse market is fragmented, and the five forces analysis covers–
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- The threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Rivalry
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Threat of Substitutes
- Interpretation of porter’s five models helps to strategize the business, for entire details – buy the report!
E-commerce market – Customer Landscape
The report includes the market’s adoption lifecycle, from the innovator’s stage to the laggard’s stage. It focuses on adoption rates in different regions based on penetration. Furthermore, the report also includes key purchase criteria and drivers of price sensitivity to help companies evaluate and develop their growth strategies.
E-commerce market – Segmentation Assessment
Technavio has segmented the market based on application (home appliances, fashion products, groceries, books, and others), type (B2B and B2C), and geography (APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa).
- The market share growth by the home appliances segment will be significant during the forecast period. The segment includes consumer electronics, houseware, and other kitchen appliances. Factors such as the increasing standard of living of the global population, the increasing credibility of e-commerce brands, and the tendency of consumers to upgrade their homes are driving the growth of the segment.
By geography, the global e-commerce market is segmented into APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa. The report provides actionable insights and estimates the contribution of all regions to the growth of the global e-commerce market.
- APAC will account for 48% of the market’s growth during the forecast period. The presence of a large population of internet users and increased adoption of the Internet are the major factors driving the growth of the regional market. In addition, the establishment of global production networks by large manufacturers and the rapid growth in the number of small and medium-sized regional e-commerce players are contributing to the growth of the e-commerce market in APAC.
Download a Sample Report
E-commerce market – Market Dynamics
Key factor driving market growth
- The market is driven by the advantages of e-commerce platforms.
- Online platforms provide a convenient experience to customers when making a purchase.
- Customers can compare products based on the type, price range, materials, designs, brands, applications, and color to make better purchase decisions.
- Online platforms also offer easy payment options such as cash-on-delivery (COD) and online payment options such as e-wallets, credit cards, debit cards, and net banking.
- Such benefits are increasing consumer inclination toward e-commerce platforms, which is driving the growth of the market in focus.
Leading trends influencing the market
- Enhancing consumer experience through technology is identified as one of the major trends in the market.
- Players in the global e-commerce market are adopting various technologies such as augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) to help customers choose the right product.
- For instance, IKEA’s VR app allows users to virtually experience rooms equipped with its home decor and home furnishing products. The app allows users to input the dimensions of their rooms into the app and then select products offered by the company.
- After creating the room virtually, customers can order the products online directly from the app.
- Such technological advancements are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global e-commerce market during the forecast period.
Major challenges hindering market growth
- Regulatory issues are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
- The market in focus is affected by various regulatory issues such as inconsistent laws, domestic incorporation, and legal limitations among others.
- Almost every country has a unique set of regulations. Some of these have a set of rules that restrict the sale of some products.
- Some countries treat international e-commerce players differently from domestic e-commerce players to boost employment and business opportunities in the country.
- Many such regulations are reducing the growth potential in the market.
Driver, Trend, and Challenges are the factors of market dynamics that state about consequences & sustainability of the businesses, find some insights from a sample report!
What are the key data covered in this e-commerce market report?
- CAGR of the market during the forecast period
- Detailed information on factors that will drive the growth of the e-commerce market between 2023 and 2027
- Precise estimation of the size of the e-commerce market size and its contribution to the market in focus on the parent market
- Accurate predictions about upcoming trends and changes in consumer behavior
- Growth of the e-commerce market industry across APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa
- A thorough analysis of the market’s competitive landscape and detailed information about vendors
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that will challenge the growth of e-commerce market vendors
Gain instant access to 17,000+ market research reports.
Technavio’s SUBSCRIPTION platform
- The e-invoicing market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 21.43% between 2022 and 2027. The size of the market is forecast to increase by USD 15,330.37 million. The convenience and easy accessibility of mobile payment systems is notably driving the market growth, although factors such as the threat of cyber-attacks and data privacy may impede the market growth.
- The blockchain market in supply chain industry is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 52.21% between 2022 and 2027. The size of the market is forecast to increase by USD 4,936.05 million. The increasing complexities due to time-bound deliveries and customization of the supply chain are notably driving the market growth, although factors such as the lack of awareness about blockchain technology in supply chain management may impede the market growth.
|E-Commerce Market Scope|
|Growth momentum & CAGR||Accelerate at a CAGR of 27.15%|
|Market growth 2023-2027||USD 12951.56 billion|
|YoY growth 2022-2023 (%)||26.6|
|Regional analysis||APAC, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East and Africa|
|Performing market contribution||APAC at 48%|
|Key countries||US, China, Japan, Germany, and UK|
|Competitive landscape||Leading Vendors, Market Positioning of Vendors, Competitive Strategies, and Industry Risks|
|Key companies profiled||Alibaba Group Holding Ltd, Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Best Buy Co. Inc., Costco Wholesale Corp., Ebates Performance Marketing Inc., eBay Inc., Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd., Groupon Inc., Inter IKEA Systems B.V., JD.com Inc., Lojas Americanas S.A., Otto GmbH and Co. KG, priceline.com LLC, Shopify Inc., The Home Depot Inc., Walmart Inc., Wayfair Inc., Zalando SE, and Etsy Inc.|
|Market dynamics||Parent market analysis, market growth inducers and obstacles, fast-growing and slow-growing segment analysis, COVID-19 impact and recovery analysis and future consumer dynamics, and market condition analysis for the forecast period.|
|Customization purview||If our report has not included the data that you are looking for, you can reach out to our analysts and get segments customized.|
Table of contents:
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Landscape
3 Market Sizing
4 Historic Market Size
5 Five Forces Analysis
6 Market Segmentation by Application
7 Market Segmentation by Type
8 Customer Landscape
9 Geographic Landscape
10 Drivers, Challenges, and Trends
11 Vendor Landscape
12 Vendor Analysis
Technavio is a leading global technology research and advisory company. Their research and analysis focuses on emerging market trends and provides actionable insights to help businesses identify market opportunities and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. With over 500 specialized analysts, Technavio’s report library consists of more than 17,000 reports and counting, covering 800 technologies, spanning across 50 countries. Their client base consists of enterprises of all sizes, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies. This growing client base relies on Technavio’s comprehensive coverage, extensive research, and actionable market insights to identify opportunities in existing and potential markets and assess their competitive positions within changing market scenarios.
Media & Marketing Executive
US: +1 844 364 1100
UK: +44 203 893 3200
Global E-Commerce Market 2023-2027
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/e-commerce-market-2023-2027-a-descriptive-analysis-of-the-five-forces-model-market-dynamics-and-segmentation—technavio-301723182.html