DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “3D Secure Payment Authentication Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Merchant Plug-in, Access Control Server), By Application (Merchants & Payment Gateway, Banks), And Segment Forecasts, 2022 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global 3D secure payment authentication market size is expected to reach USD 2.76 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 12.2% from 2022 to 2030. The rising demand for e-commerce has augmented the use of Card Not Present (CNP) transactions. As a result of such an increase in CNP transactions, the growth in CNP fraud transactions has been observed over the past few years. For instance, according to an end-to-end transaction guarantee platform for online purchases named Vesta, the overall percent of global transactions its system identified as potential fraud ranged between 10 to 13%, with an average value for each fraudulent transaction ranging from USD 126 to USD 155.
Thus, such frauds are creating demand for 3D secure payment authentication solutions across the globe. The benefits offered by 3D secure payment authentication, include liability shift, which shifts liability for fraud-related chargebacks from the merchant to the card issuer protecting the merchants. As a result of such a benefit, it is expected to fuel the growth of the industry over the forecast period. Furthermore, 3D secure payment authentication allows users to choose any medium, including mobile, desktop, or tablet for processing online purchase transactions without compromising on security, which bodes well with the growth of the industry. Furthermore, the increasing partnerships between the banks and 3D secure payment authentication solution providers are expected to drive the industry.
For instance, in May 2022, device identity and authentication solutions provider, ENTERSEKT, announced its partnership with Capitec Bank, a retail banking company. This partnership was aimed at implementing ENTERSEKT EMV 3D Secure solution to enhance the security of e-commerce payments and reduce friction for cardholders. The global pandemic has been favorable to industry growth. Nationwide lockdowns and social distancing regulations fueled e-commerce and online shopping, which eventually led to the increased use of CNP and other online payment methods. As a result of increased online CNP frauds during the pandemic, the demand for 3D secure payment authentication was fueled by e-commerce and other merchants to prevent fraud.
3D Secure Payment Authentication Market Report Highlights
- The merchant plug-in segment dominated the industry in 2021 owing to its functionality of facilitating 3D secure verifications to assist in preventing credit card fraud
- The banks application segment dominated the industry in 2021
- This can be attributed to the rising collaborations and partnerships between banks and 3D secure payment authentication solution providers
- The North America region led the industry n 2021 and will remain dominant throughout the forecast period due to the increasing CNP frauds across the region
- However, the Asia Pacific region is estimated to register the fastest CAGR from 2022 to 2030
- Increasing Card Not Present Frauds Across the Globe
- Increasing E-Commerce and Online Shopping Among Consumers
- High Cost Associated With the 3D Secure Payment Authentication
- Advancements in 3D Secure Payment Authentication Technology to Improve Customer Experience
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 3D Secure Payment Authentication Industry Outlook
Chapter 4 3D Secure Payment Authentication Component Outlook
4.1. 3D Secure Payment Authentication Market Share By Component, 2021
4.2. Access Control Server
4.3. Merchant Plug-in
Chapter 5 3D Secure Payment Authentication Application Outlook
5.1. 3D Secure Payment Authentication Market Share By Application, 2021
5.3. Merchants & Payment Gateway
Chapter 6 3D Secure Payment Authentication Regional Outlook
Chapter 7 Competitive Analysis
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- GPayments Pty Ltd.
- RSA Security LLC
- Visa Inc.
- Bluefin Payment Systems LLC
- American Express Company
- JCB Co., Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ak9kte-secure-payment?w=4
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.